Please see below the most frequently asked delivery questions answered for you.
1. You must ensure that the Location is suitably prepared for delivery and that You have appropriate lifting equipment in place to take receipt of the Products. We reserve the right to refuse to deliver if, in Our reasonable opinion, it is not safe or possible to do so.
2. If We attempt delivery on the scheduled date, but are unable to deliver the Products for any reason, including but not limited to:
3. Delivery will be completed when we deliver and unload the Products at the Location or when You collect the Products from Us. If at the time of delivery to You, the external packaging of the Products is damaged and You suspect that the Products are also likely to be damaged You should not accept the delivery and should hand it to the carrier to return it to Us. If You accept a delivery where the packaging is damaged, you must inform the carrier in writing of the damaged packaging as You sign for the Delivery and take a photo of the damage prior to unwrapping the Products.
4. You must inform Us immediately (no later than seven (7) days after receipt, collection, or expected receipt) by telephoning 01993 833155 or emailing email@example.com if an expected delivery is not received or if You find that any Products are missing, faulty or damaged upon opening the packaging.
5. We shall use Our reasonable endeavours to avoid damage to Your or any third party’s property during delivery of the Products.
6. In the event of accidental damage to Your or any third party’s property, You shall notify Us on the delivery form or electronic terminal upon which receipt of goods is acknowledged. We shall at Our expense repair or replace such damaged property to a fair and reasonable standard provided that:
We aim to meet anticipated delivery dates whenever we can however these dates are always subject to final quality checks of both the glass and the fully assembled product. If you wish to seek an update then please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your Sales Order number and we will return to you with a progress report depending upon the stage that your order is at in our procurement and assembly process.
If you have ordered rooflights and ancillaries these will be delivered palletised through the Palletline network. The size and quantity of rooflights ordered will affect the number and size of pallets the windows are delivered on.
Each window is individually parcelled in cardboard packaging/boxes and will be stacked on a pallet [there are maximum numbers in the stack dependent on size] and secured to it with wrapping.
Smaller pallets can be offloaded via tail lift and pallet truck if requested, delivery is to the kerbside as they cannot travel over gravel/grass/uneven surfaces.
*Please note the offloading icons against each standard model on our product pages, larger pallets and Bespoke products may require a forklift or telehandler offload from the lorry depending on weights and dimensions.
In our Terms and Conditions of Sale we advise that you must ensure that the delivery location is suitably prepared for delivery and that you have appropriate lifting equipment in place to take receipt of the products. Should you need dimensions and weights to arrange equipment for offload please speak to a member of the Sales team during consultation, Bespoke products have this information contained on the Client Acceptance Drawings that are sent to customers for sign off, or our Customer Services team via email@example.com
Delivery with forklift services are an additional cost but can be arranged. Please note availability for this can be on an extended lead time so please discuss this requirement prior to paying for your order so we can include this in your final quotation or contact us at least 2 weeks prior to your anticipated delivery date.
Vehicle sizes vary, the smallest vehicle on the fleet is 7.5T although deliveries usually take place on articulated lorries or rigid curtain siders over 16T. Please highlight if you have any concerns regarding access to your delivery point.
Due to the size of rooflights/pallets some deliveries, including those with forklifts, are not possible with a 7.5T vehicle.
We do not recommend handballing orders off the delivery lorry; this may not be permitted by the delivery company due to Health & Safety and insurance constraints.
Fixings and fittings, including motors, control boxes, switches, ironmongery, can usually be located in the top box on the pallet, the exception may be operating poles which will be sent via TNT if they exceed the dimensions of the pallet.
If you have ordered blinds, motors or ironmongery separately this will be delivered via our van courier TNT, unless high volume. If you provide your mobile contact this will be entered on the courier system when we book the consignment for you to receive updates via text on day of delivery.
Palletline rooflight deliveries can take place between 8am and 5pm, subject to traffic and prior deliveries being completed successfully.
For a Palletline rooflight delivery we can obtain an ETA on the morning of delivery. This is usually given as a 2-hour window and is still subject to traffic conditions etc and can move out. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your Sales Order number, the site contact name and mobile number prior to or on the day of delivery.
If you are receiving a package from TNT and have provided a mobile number you will receive a link to track delivery.
For some services and delivery areas we can request a morning delivery or a pre-10.30am delivery however there may be a surcharge for this and for certain areas this isn’t possible.