Queensberry House, Edinburgh
Originally built in circa 1667, Queensberry House is a 17th Century Listed Building in Edinburgh.
Although Queensberry House was originally a mansion house for the Duke of Queensberry, the building has had many occupants over the last 350 years.
In 1997, Queensberry was obtained by the Scottish Office to form part of the Scottish Parliament buildings and today it contains the office of the presiding officer, two deputy presiding officers, the Parliament’s Chief Executive and other staff.
Architects RMJM worked with Spanish Architect Eric Miralles on the new Scottish Parliament buildings and included in their project was the restoration of Queensberry House.
As part of the refurbishment the walls were strengthened, floors were replaced and the RMJM specified a number of Conservation Rooflights to be installed. The Conservation Rooflight® was specifically designed to preserve and enhance buildings such as Queensberry House.
The Conservation Rooflight® was chosen for the scheme for its authentic design whilst still meeting current building regulations.
Upon completion, the restored Queensberry House has received an ‘Excellent’ BREEAM rating.