Secured by Design
• The widest range of Secured by Design accredited rooflights
• Tried and tested to give you peace of mind that security building regulations are met
• Our neoTM Plateau Secured by Design Rooflights provide more security for your money
Why would I need a security rooflight?
If you have a rooflight deemed as easily accessible for an intruder to get into the building from the outside, you will need to ensure that it is proven to resist criminal attack or incorporate features that are proven to reduce crime.
This applies to:
- A window within 2m vertically of a flat or sloping roof (with a pitch of less than 30 degrees) that is within 3.5m of ground level.
- A window or doorway, any part of which is within 2m vertically of an accessible level surface such as ground or basement level, or an access balcony.
Which level of security is right for me?
If you require a rooflight that has been security tested, there are a number of factors you should consider before deciding which level of security is right for you. This includes location of the property, value of the property, where the rooflight is located, the value of goods within the property and if the property has additional security features such CCTV.
The table below will help you understand the testing requirements for each certification however please call us if you would like to discuss your needs.
Secured by Design Rooflights
We have two different Secured by Design Rooflight designs. Each has been tested to a different level of security. Once you have decided which security level is most suitable for you this will rule in or out which design option you can have.
NEW. The neoTM Plateau Secured by Design Rooflight
- Certified to LPS 2081 Issue 1 Level A and B as standard
- Certified to LPS 1175 Issue 7 SR1
- Perfect for ‘Low Risk’ category buildings
- Complies with Part Q Building Regulations.
The Conservation Plateau Secured by Design Rooflight
- The first rooflight to be Secured by Design certified to Loss Prevention Standard 1175 issue 7 (categories SR2 and SR3).
- Approved for installation into either a concrete or hardwood structural kerb
- Can include obscure glass, intruder bars and glazing to CAT P6B BS EN 356
- Can be manufactured from grade 304 or 316 stainless steel
- Can be applied to both ‘Low Risk’ and ‘Medium Risk’ category buildings
- Perfect for sensitive buildings such as schools and banks.
Secured by Design Rooflight Testing
- Sizes, Prices, Options
- Technical Details