The Conservation Rooflight®
The Conservation Rooflight® is a CE marked roof window. To find out more about CE marking visit our Technical FAQ's page.
continues to have a high profile in the building profession and the
Rooflight Company's commitment to excellence in this field is
Jack Pringle, Past President of the RIBA
The Conservation Rooflight® remains faithful to its Victorian heritage whilst embracing technical developments to stay ahead of Building Regulations.
Why specify the Conservation Rooflight®?
The Conservation Rooflight® is the original low profile skylight, combining the highest modern performance standards with an authentic traditional appearance. Favoured by English Heritage, the National Trust and planning / conservation officers, it is available in a wide range of standard sizes, along with the Bespoke Design Service.
- Traditional appearance and approval by Planning Authorities
- Faithful reproduction of Victorian cast iron rooflight
- Ultra-low profile, fine lines of steel and glazing bar
- Complies with planning requirements for listed buildings and conservation areas
- Sizes for any application and a specials design service
- Favoured by the National Trust and English Heritage
- Silicone fronting replicating traditional putty
- Stepped glazing detail to give appearance of single glazing
- The Rooflight Company offers the widest range of sizes available with 17 top-hinged and 2 side-hinged options
- All Conservation Rooflights® have linings which are pre-treated and sealed with a black primer coating (to a 10% Gloss level)
- Sleek blind system available
High standards of performance
- CE Marked in accordance with EN14351-1:2006+A1:2010
- Standard double glazed unit exceeds current building regulation requirements on Part L
- The patented Thermoliner® helps reduce condensation
- Has been weathertightness tested and met the requirements of BS6375-1:2009 Exposure Category 2000
- The Conservation Rooflight® can provide ventilation in accordance with Part F of the Building Regulations
The Conservation Rooflight® achieves a centre pane u-value (Ug) of 1.0Wm2K or 1.2Wm2k (dependant on glazing specification) in accordance with EN673:2011 this results in a whole window u-value of 1.4Wm2K or 1.5Wm2K in accordance with EN ISO 10077-2:2012. The u-value results are for the window orientated in the vertical pane.
To find out more about the different glazing specifications available contact us on 01993 833155.
Long life, low maintenance
- Robust 3 mm steel design with protective layer and polyester powder coating
- Guarantee on rooflight frame of 12 years subject to location and adherence to maintenance guidelines
- Self cleaning glass available as an option
Versatile and easy to install
The Conservation Rooflight® is suitable for roof pitches between 17.5° and 65°. If your roof pitch is outside of this range please contact our Customer Services team.
- Suitable for any roof construction
- 20 sizes and bespoke designs available, there is a solution for every application
- Full technical help and support available
If you are choosing roof windows for a property in an industrial or maritime area, or an area which is subject to a potentially corrosive or polluted environment, call our Customer Services team on 01993 833 155 and ask about the different material specifications we offer to suit your specific needs.
Please note that the above information relates to the latest revision of the Conservation Rooflight®. Please consult with our Customer Services Department on 01993 833155 for information on previous revisions.