The Conservation Rooflight®
continues to have a high profile in the building profession and the
Rooflight Company's commitment to excellence in this field is
Jack Pringle, Past President of the RIBA
The Conservation Rooflight® remains faithful to its Victorian heritage whilst embracing technical developments to stay ahead of Building Regulations.
Why specify the Conservation Rooflight®?
The Conservation Rooflight® is the original low profile skylight, combining the highest modern performance standards with an authentic traditional appearance. Favoured by English Heritage, the National Trust and planning / conservation officers, it is available in a wide range of standard sizes, along with the Bespoke Design Service.
- Traditional appearance and approval by Planning Authorities
- Faithful reproduction of Victorian cast iron rooflight
- Ultra-low profile, fine lines of steel and genuine glazing bar
- Complies with planning requirements for listed buildings and conservation areas
- Sizes for any application and a specials design service
- Favoured by the National Trust and English Heritage
- Silicone fronting replicating traditional putty
- Stepped glazing detail to give appearance of single glazing
- The Rooflight Company offers the widest range of sizes available with 17 top-hinged and 2 side-hinged options
- Now available – moisture resistant linings (for painting on-site) create a warm to the touch internal surface
- Now available – sleek blind system offering total blackout
High standards of performance
- Standard double glazed unit exceeds current building regulation requirements on Part L
- High performance thermal lining (the patented Thermoliner®) helps reduce condensation
- Exceeds weather tightness test BS 6375: Part 1:2009 up to Hurricane Force 12
- High degree of air tightness
- The Conservation Rooflight® can provide ventilation in accordance with Part F of the Building Regulations
Our standard IGU specification is a 4mm SGG
PLANITHERM® TOTAL+ toughened inner with a 16mm argon cavity and a 4mm
SGG PLANILUX® toughened outer, giving a glass centre pane U-value of
Other glazing specifications offering for example, improved thermal, acoustic or security properties as well as decorative finishes are also available.
Long life, low maintenance
- Robust 3 mm steel design with protective layer and polyester powder coating
- Guarantee on rooflight frame of 12 years subject to location and adherence to maintenance guidelines
- Can be cleaned from the inside with the aid of a cleaning tool
- Self cleaning glass available as an option
Versatile and easy to install
The Conservation Rooflight® is suitable for roof pitches between 17.5° and 65°. If your roof pitch is outside of this range please contact our Customer Services team.
- Suitable for any roof construction
- 20 sizes and bespoke designs available, there is a solution for every application
- Full technical help and support available
If you are choosing rooflights for a property in an industrial or maritime area, or an area which is subject to a potentially corrosive or polluted environment, call our Customer Services team on 01993 833 155 and ask about the different material specifications we offer to suit your specific needs.
Please note that the above information relates to the latest revision of the Conservation Rooflight. Please consult with our Customer Services Department on 01993 833108 for information on previous revisions.